Mental & Physical
Realities of Abortion
Make an informed choice
Having an Abortion
Joy & Relief
The pending doom that's been laden on her by popular thinking has been removed. So much propaganda goes into the belief that pregnancy means a life is ruined.
A sense of empowerment
Loss of Dignity
- Eating disorders
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Flash Backs
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Marital Relationship Problems
"How will it feel to go through an abortion?"
Surgical procedures are quicker but more invasive. It's done under local or general anesthetic or even without. Still there will be bleeding and cramps. You will be kept for observation at the clinic for about 30 minutes to an hour after the procedure.
Mentally and emotionally the scars of a bleeding heart lasts for years.
Going through a "back-street" abortion there is no telling what you will experience.
"Can anything go wrong?"
- Prolonged or heavy bleeding
- Extreme cramping
- Uterine adhesions
- Incompetent cervix
- Later pregnancies ending in miscarriages, tubal pregnancies or premature birth
"Why is there so many conflicting information?"
Conflict of Interests
- Only those with good genes should reproduce.
- Babies that are the “wrong” sex are already being aborted, and soon, perhaps abortion will be available to destroy children that will have a propensity for obesity, a likely skin color or other unwanted racial characteristic, perhaps even, if the later adult would be threatened with genetically inheritable disease.
- Limit the reproduction of poor and uneducated people because children will perpetuate their problems.
- Population control, especially for poor, developing nations is of crucial importance for the preservation of the planet. We are getting too many for the planet. Space and quality of life can be increased with a decrease of population growth
- Seeking to live good lives without God and religious beliefs.
- In thinking about abortion a humanist would not always think the unborn as not human and living, but rather weigh the evidence, the probable consequences, and the rights and wishes of everyone involved (though who hears the unborn's opinion?).
- They do not think all life is “sacred”, they do respect life, and much in this debate hinges on when one thinks human life begins. Some humanists tend to think that – on the basis of scientific evidence about foetal development – a fetus does not become a person, with its own feelings and rights, until well after conception and even delivery.
- A fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She's the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always.
- I would put the life of a mother over the life of a fetus every single time -- even if I still need to acknowledge my conviction that the fetus is indeed a life. A life worth sacrificing.
- "Some argue that abortion takes lives, but I know that abortion saves lives, too... not just in the most medically literal way, but in the roads that women who have choice then get to go down, in the possibilities for them and for their families.
- The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom
- Beliefs life begins at conception.
- Values human life and the preservation of it because it's created by God being yet in the womb.
- God clearly condemns murder.
- Values family as instituted by God for protection, care & love of every human being.
- God has made the earth to be inhabited and commanded man to fill it.
- The church is given the commission to care for the poor, widow and orphan.
- God will supply our needs.
- Suffering for the Christian is not a loss because they look forward to a heavenly eternity without suffering and pain.
- God is not the author of sin and each man and woman must reap what they sow.
- Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to God
Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth....
And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.